All courses are being held in Polish only!
23h course for people who do not work in medical professions and want to become the breastfeeding promoters, expand their knowledge about natural breastfeeding, promote breastfeeding in their local community, help breastfeeding mothers by forming support groups (support groups leaders) or by creating websites and online forums, for those who have ideas for marketing campaigns for making a system of mutual care. The course is concerned with the lactation physiology, the process of breastfeeding and the history of natural breastfeeding marketing in Poland and international, the methods of promoting breastfeeding and various types of help directed towards breastfeeding mothers. Additionally, we offer 5h of practice in a hospital or lactation clinic and 3h of practice in nonprofit organizations promoting breastfeeding. The practice will show how the lactation consultants work. The breastfeeding promoter should work along with them.
The course is NOT preparing for providing lactation consultation. The lactation consultation is a medical appointment requiring a broad medical knowledge which is acquired during university studies for midwives, nurses and doctors and specialized courses such as Problems During Lactation or Lactation Educator courses.
The Breastfeeding promoter does not qualify to provide lactation consultation!
The theory part consists of:
- Two two-days sessions (Friday, Saturday)
- The benefits of breastfeeding – how to convince the unconvinced mothers?
- The proper lactation process – how to achieve it?
- What can disturb the lactation – how to advise the mother?
- Marketing and support systems in Poland and in the world
- The report on breastfeeding in Poland
- The breastfeeding mothers’ rights
- The nutrition during lactation
- The possibilities and rules of gaining funds for health promotion, especially the natural breastfeeding
The practical part:
- The proper techniques of breastfeeding
- The assessment of the process of breastfeeding
- Where do my competences end?
- When there is a lactation consultant’s help needed? Or nurse? Or a doctor? Is there a qualified person in my neighborhood?
- How to organize a marketing campaign in local community?
- How to operate anonymously in local community?
- How to create the breastfeeding and lactation consultation lobbying towards local and national authorities?