Our courses are unique because:
- The authors of training programs, LECTURERS and TRAINERS are exceptional. They are enthusiasts and pioneers of Polish lactation, lactation counseling creators, recognized authorities and authors of books, publications and research papers in this field.
- They are practitioners and share their experience from work with the breastfeeding mothers and their children. Many of them carry outpatient clinics and are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) affiliated to the Polish Association of Lactation Consultants and Advisors.
- They teach a lactation advice standards which they have created, published and are practicing for 20 years.
- Keep up to date protocols of proceeding with breastfeeding mother in clinical situations based on global guidlines among others of Academy Breastfeeding Medicine and American Academy of Pediatrics.
- They take care about high level of teaching providing knowledge of the last three years. They have extensive experience in education, many are academic teachers. They train themselves in order to learn better. They know and apply the techniques of active learning.
- They are evaluated by the participants and draw the conclusions.
Our courses are highly valued by the participants mainly for:
- Are interdisciplinary! Provides actual, based on years of experience knowledge in many fields of medicine (neonatology, pediatrics, gynecology and obstetrics, allergology, gastroenterology, surgery, physiotherapy, neuro-logopaedics), not only on physiology and pathology of lactation.
- No one will be bored! Courses are interactive, reach in quizzes, games, discussions and practice in pairs and groups.
- Contains exceptional psychological workshops that teach valuable skills useful not only in communication with the woman in the perinatal period, but also with rest of the world …
- They teach practically! During practices in lactation outpatients and in maternity wards our trainers pass on their skills and experience.
- Our courses have been accredited by the Centre for Postgraduate Education of Nurses and Midwives (as a further training courses). We conduct postgraduate medical education registered in Medical Chambers (we provide educational points). We cooperate with the Labour Office and the Volunteering Center.
Our courses aim to deepen the knowledge and improve practical skills on 2nd general and 3rd specialist levels of lactation knowledge (see Levels of training).
Courses enable to apply for a title of Certified Lactation Consultant (CDL – pl. Certyfikowany Doradca Laktacyjny) provided by CLS and fora title of International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) provided by International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBCLE).
Courses are conducted basing on authors’ educational programs created by Magdalena Nehring – Gugulska , Monika Żukowska – Rubik, Joanna Żołnowska and Agnieszka Pietkiewicz.
Courses take place in Pilgrim’s House AMICUS, Hozjusza 2 St., Warsaw. Occasionally in Daring Center and in other INSTITUTIONS we cooperate with.