All courses are being held in Polish only!
Breastfeeding – the Perinatal Care Standard
12h extracurricular course intended for medical departments which engage in deploying the New Perinatal Care Standard and midwives, nurses and doctors who take care of the women during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal period and are willing to adjust their manner of work to the new requirements.
According to the New Perinatal Care Standard doctors and midwives are required to take broad lactation care of women: educate about breastfeeding, initiate the beginning of the lactation, give instructions and solve problems occurring during lactation.
The course teaches how to execute the new standards in practice; its program consists of:
- Preparing the pregnant women to breastfeeding
- The process of the first mother-child touch after the childbirth
- The rules of breastfeeding in first days after the childbirth
- Supporting the breastfeeding mothers during the first months of lactation
After the course the participants will:
- Educate the pregnant women about breastfeeding during all stages of pregnancy
- Prepare the pregnant women to breastfeeding taking in consideration the risk of lactation dysfunction factors
- Promote the breastfeeding in perinatal period
- Enable the mother and child to have the first breastfeeding with skin to skin touch
- Asses the technique of breastfeeding and correct irregularities
- Teach the mother a proper technique of breastfeeding
- Teach the mother the rules of behaving during lactation and monitoring the process of breastfeeding
- Asses the efficiency of breastfeeding
- Solve the basic problems occurring during lactation or refer to a lactation consultant
- Teach how to express milk manually
- Support the breastfeeding mother in difficult situations
Breastfeeding and feeding with mother’s milk the premature infants and sick children – the standard of care in hospitals on III referential level
12h extracurricular course intended for medical staff of III referential level hospitals and intensive infant care department which want to give a modern care to the mother and child favoring to early lactation stimulation directed to feeding the infants with mother’s milk.
The partner of this project is The Bank of Women’s Milk Foundation.
The program of the course includes:
- The health benefits of feeding premature infants and sick children with the mother’s milk
- The infants’ health problems and breastfeeding with prematurity in consideration
- The causing and sustaining lactation, extracting foremilk and other procedures with the use of lactotechnology
- The proceeding with mother’s child for a sick child in home and hospital
- The most common lactation problems
Breastfeeding in hospital’s practice
Short, 6h in one day course, easy to organize for medical staff. It is concerned with basic rules of behavior during the beginning and process of lactation for mothers in hospitals’ departments. It allows to comprehend the mechanisms of lactation and the psyche of a women in perinatal period. It teaches how to help patients with successful breastfeeding, so they can leave the hospital happy. It is a tool to motivate the medical staff to change the usual routines which disturb the physiological course of breastfeeding. It is just a beginning of changes in the organizing of perinatal care.